What Should You Do When Acne Causes You Distress?
Acne outbreaks are quite frustrating. Skin problems will not only affect a person’s appearance, but also affects them at a personal level. Research has found that people with a worse case of acne can also develop Depression, Anxiety, Low self-esteem, Poor self-image, and a feeling of being all alone.
Early treatment is recommended to prevent emotional distress. Without treatment, acne can get worse and eventually lead to scars. Treatment can clear the skin of cicatrice acne and The LaserPlus Clinic, run by Dr. Merizzi, and offer multiple skin treatments. The team of experts uses state-of-the-art devices and provide the best possible treatment to customers. They have branches in Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu and Brossard in Quebec, Canada.
To know how to take the best care of your skin, you should first understand your skin type. Not all acne products suit all types. There are five main skin types: Dry, Combination, Normal, Oily, and Sensitive. Determining where you stand will further assist you to buy the best products and get the best treatments.
Below is some Skincare routine to follow Day and Night, Especially for Acne-prone skin.
- Cleanser – Cleansing your skin twice a day is essential especially if you have acne-prone skin. This helps remove all the impurities, oil, and dirt, which may clog pores and cause blemishes. Cleansing should be the first step in every skincare routine.
- Toner – After cleansing, applying a toner opens up your pores and preps the skin for the next step, so it can fully absorb the products. Toners are essential as it helps to remove excess oil, blackheads, fighting blemishes, as well as hydrating your skin.
- Moisturizer – All skin types need daily hydration. This step should not be neglected. Moisturizer protects your skin and helps restore and hydrate. Without it, the glands would land up producing excess oil to compensate for the dryness resulting in overly shiny skin and clogged pores.
- Sunscreen – This is a non-negotiable, everyday necessary product. Many people think sunscreen clogs pores and causes more breakouts. Which is untrue? Sunscreens should be part of your acne skincare routine as acne treatment medications make the skin vulnerable to sun damage. There are plenty of lightweight options available that you can experiment with.
- Acne treatment products – These products are formulated with active ingredients that are highly effective in skin-care routine. Using targeted acne medication reduces pimples and lightens scars.
Even mild acne affects one’s emotional health and your daily habits play a significant role in having a clear skin. Following a healthy diet, drinking plenty of water, getting enough sleep, and use the right products helps you reap best benefits.