Some Important Benefits of Using Double-Wall Corrugated Boxes Over Single Wall?
Corrugated boxes are available in different shapes and sizes for various level of strength required for safety of your product. There are single and double layered corrugated boxes to protect your delicate products from transportation damage.
Belley is the leading double-wall corrugated box manufacturing company in North America. They have six warehouses, each in Quebec, Arizona, Oregon, Vermont, British Columbia And Ontario. You can get warehousing facility for a ready-to-ship consignment with them for your inventories. They provide premium quality of customized corrugated boxes at low price and with high resolution prints.
What are single and double wall corrugated box?
Single-wall box consists of three layers of paper stacks. The outer two layers are thick and flat sheets of paper called liners. The inner curvy layer is called flutes and is used between the liners to firmly hold them together by the use of starch glue. Flutes are also known as corrugated layers.
The flutes are strong and provide strength to the box to protect your product from damage during shipment. They also save your products from breakage due to falls.
Double-wall corrugated boxes have two layers of flutes with a liner in between them. They are again covered by two outer layers of liners. Flutes are available in varying thicknesses to provide different level of strength and protection.
What are the benefits of using double-wall corrugated boxes?
The main difference between single and double wall boxes is the size and number of flutes. The single wall box has single flute with varying flute thickness to provide limited strength to the box. Their protection level and weight carrying capacity is restricted to a level. The double-wall corrugated boxes are used in such situations where single-wall boxes fail to provide protection.
Here are few more benefits of using double-wall boxes –
- They can bear greater loads of your heavy products due to their higher strength.
- Due to more flutes, they can provide better protection and absorbs more shock during transportation.
- They have strong cushioning effect and provide greater rigidity against hits and falls.
- A heavier product like mechanical tools are safely and suitably shipped in double-wall boxes.
- Your products are safe from any water or chemicals that may spill near the boxes. There is less chances of seepage due to three thick layers of cardboard.
- They have more durability and usability due to their high strength.
Double-wall boxes are preferred by retailer and manufacturers to protect their light, delicate as well as heavy products. Their rigid and strong properties facilitate users with better stacking and longer storing conditions.