Singapore on a Budget: What to do when in Singapore?
There are a lot of free activities in Singapore that are worth exploring. There are many different types of things that you can do without having to spend any money at all, whether it is something cultural or recreational, educational or just plain fun!
Other good places for people who love nature and want to get out of the city for a little while, but without spending too much money on transportation:
- Swimming at East Coast Park
- Biking around MacRitchie Reservoir
- Visiting HortPark during Saturday or Sunday morning (free guided tour is available)
- Relaxing and enjoying the greenery on a free weekend visit to Gardens by the Bay
- Exploring Singapore Zoo (usually free on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday evening)
- Visiting friends in Changi during Sunday afternoon, many people will be barbecuing at the BBQ pits located all over the place. You can join them for dinner and a few drinks without any cost
- Visiting the Botanic Gardens on free days for Singaporeans and PRs or after work hours (free guided tour)
- Going to waterfront parks such as Marina Bay Promenade for a free morning run. The scenic route goes along Raffles Avenue and Esplanade Drive near many newly renovated museums, the Art Science Museum, and The Helix Bridge.
These are just some of the many things that you can do in Singapore. There is so much more, including other countries as well!