Winter Weather Advisory:
“The National Weather Service in Spokane has issued a Winter Weather Advisory for Snow…Which is in effect until 4 AM PST Saturday: Snow accumulations…Around an inch this afternoon. 1 to 3 inches overnight. Higher amounts closer to the Coeur D’alene area.” So, be extremely careful if you are on the roads. If you do not have snow tires on your car, you should probably not drive. However, there are a lot of fun things to do in the snow, like…
- Holiday lights display at the Gaiser Conservatory, check out these photos! http://www.visitspokane.com/event/holiday-lights-at-gaiser-conservatory/11879/
- Sledding at Manito Park or another park (not in the streets, please!) http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2008/jan/17/best-sledding-in-town/
- Snowball fights with your friends
- Inner-tubing on Mt. Spokane http://www.mtspokane.com/tubing-hill
- Ice skating at Riverfront Park https://my.spokanecity.org/riverfrontpark/attractions/ice-palace/
- Walking in our winter wonderland!
Please remember to stay safe, especially around cars. The roads will get slippery and cars will not always stop as they may intend.